Information for journalits and editorial offices
Hello, I am Mikaela Dörfel product designer for tableware. Together with my team, I develop products for well-known brands in design-oriented living environments around the laid table, as well as for international hotel gastronomy. In my design shop I sell my personal favourites such as the Tango candlestick and the Spiral porcelain vases, which have been distributed by exclusive brands for many years.
I am happy to be available for interviews in print and online media, TV, radio and podcasts.
Telephone: +49 4877 990803 Mobile: +49 157 75813541
- Product design and production of porcelain, cutlery and glass
- Design inspired by nature
- Scandinavian design
- 2020: Foundation of the Dörfel Designshop
- 2017-2019: Visiting Professorship at the Art Academy Burg Giebichenstein in Halle, Department of Product Design/ Ceramics and Glass
- 1997: Founding of the design studio Dörfel-Design, since then internationally active with a focus on “Tabletop” and the hotel industry
- 1988-1996: Design management at Rosenthal AG
- 1982-1988: Studied industrial design at the University of Fine Arts in Hamburg
Images for use in the press
You may use these photos for editorial reporting. The corresponding rights of use were granted to me by the photographer with the permission to license to third parties.