About Mikaela Dörfel
„DER WUNSCH NACH QUALITÄT UND WIRKLICH INNOVATIVES ZU KREIEREN HAT MICH ALL DIE JAHRE BEFLÜGELT.“
For more than 20 years I have been working as a designer for well-known brands in the design-oriented living ambience around the table setting and for the international gastronomy. http://www.doerfel-design.de
My design language is inspired by nature, sculpture and architecture and Nordic influenced by my youth in Finland.
In all design projects I attach great importance to a simple design idea, which is implemented consistently and elegantly. This results in a clear design language which, together with good functionality, ensures the longevity of the products.
At the Dörfel Designshop I present my special design favorites, which I sell as a small exquisite collection. I hope to inspire you with this selection and hope you enjoy the products!
- Establishment of an online design shop with my “favourite pieces” (since 2020)
- Foundation of the WERKGUT (2020) as a place for arts and crafts https://www.werkgut.eu/en
- Visiting Professorship at the Art Academy Burg Giebichenstein in Halle, Department of Product Design/ Ceramics and Glass (2017- 2019)
- Design management for Porcelain Manufactory Fürstenberg (2001- 2010)
- Foundation of the Dörfel design studio near Hamburg (1997-present): product development for brands such as Stelton, menu, Joop!, WMF or Vista Alegre. Awarded with international design awards for a wide range of products.
- Design management at Rosenthal AG (1988-1996)
- Studied product design at the HfBK Hamburg
We donate 5% from each order to the International Rescue Committee. IRC provides humanitarian aid worldwide, especially for refugees.
In unsecure times, when even Europe, which lives in prosperity and security, is shaking, it is all the more important to me not to lose sight of the incredibly miserable situation of the refugees.